Premier Roofing Supplies - Downpipes
Product Description and Features
Downpipes are available in ZINCALUME® steel and a wide range of COLORBOND® prepainted steel colours.
- Designed for greater durability, longer life and compatibility with steel and tile roofs
- Manufactured from light, strong, high tensile steel
- Fast and easy to install
- Available in a choice of square, rectangular or round designs that match gutter and fascia profiles perfectly
- Rainwater run off from roofing materials such as ZINCALUME® steel or COLORBOND® prepainted steel, aluminium or glazed tile surfaces should NOT be drained into a plain galvanised gutter or downpipe
- Where possible, downpipes should be spaced at no more that 12 metre centres
- The protective plastic film should be stripped off immediately on installation
- It is important gutters slope towards the outlets (a minimum gutter fall of 1 in 500 is recommended). Without this, slope 'ponding' may occur, reducing the life of your gutter
- When installing gutters, remove any metal particles or debris at the end of the day to prevent staining and corrosion
Designing Roof Drainage
Roof drainage systems should be designed and detailed by a suitably qualified trade or professional in accordance with the BCA and the Australian Standards. Particular reference should be made to the correct sizing of gutter; quantity and placement of downpipes; and the provision of appropriate overflow devices. View information on Design of Drainage and Gutter Fall:
In the design and detailing of a roof drainage system, consideration must be given to a range of factors such as:
- rainfall intensity
- roof catchment area
- gutter size/capacity
- gutter fall
- gutter outlets (sumps, rain heads, nozzles)
- downpipe size, quantity and placement
- overflow consideration
- material selection and
The downpipe size and spacing should be determined in accordance with AS/NZ3500.3.2:1998 National plumbing and drainage: Part 3.2: Stormwater drainage - Acceptable solutions.
Install gutters with a suitable fall to avoid ponding and to allow water to easily flow away. Steeper falls are preferred for prolonged life of the gutter. Refer to the BCA and the Australian Standards for guidance.
LYSAGHT® Downpipe and accessories are available in ZINCALUME® steel, COLORBOND® steel, and COLORBOND® steel high gloss colours. View the COLORBOND® steel colours.
For further information please contact Premier Roofing Supplies on 1300 653 299, or via email on our contact page.